Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Well, I had of a bit rough/busy day... Have you ever had one of those nights when you just can't fall asleep? Well, that was me last night. It was 11, then 12, then 1, then 2... I finally went down into the basement. I fell asleep for a few hours before I heard Josh around 5:45. Then Ian was up at 7. I went to MOPS this morning for a bit and then shopped for our vacation. I am trying to get the family ready to live in a cabin in TN for 3 days and the house ready for the Gmas to care for Ian for 4 days. Just lots on my "to do" list and lots on my mind. One day at a time...

But, I am excited to take a moment to pause and record what I am thankful for.

1. The babies are in bed!
After a day like this (one I didn't know how I would get through), I'm excited they're in bed. I am going soon!

2. Josh and the girls are on Spring Break!
It's been a busy few weeks. I'm excited for us to slow down a bit this week. Well, does a 9hr journey to TN count as slowing down? I don't know, but I'm still excited.

3. My Mother in law.
She usually helps me 1 day a week. She came over this morning for 4 hours so I could go to MOPS and then shop for our trip. Man, that helps so much!

4. My step mom, Margy.
She picks up Halle from preschool on Tues and Thurs afternoons so I don't have to wake up Ian from his afternoon nap. Honestly, I think she feels bad for HIM and not ME. :) "You can't wake him from his nap! I'll get Halle for you. Don't wake that little baby." :) Whatever it takes. I'm just thankful!

5. My Jesus!
Above everything else, I am thankful for my Living God on this Thursday. The Last Supper. Tomorrow is Good Friday. The day He was hung on the cross and died for US. Really, I don't know what I would do with HIM in my life. Suffer maybe? He lives inside my heart and He is in every fiber of me. On Sunday, we will celebrate that He rose from his grave. He is alive! I am so thankful someone introduced Him to me.

6. oh, I just thought of a 6th I HAVE TO ADD!
On Wednesday, Halle dropped a ballerina snowglobe on our kitchen tile. Glass, water, and glitter shattered everywhere! THANK GOD, MY FATHER IN LAW was over painting. We were all standing in the kitchen when it happened. I just kept saying, "Oh, oh, oh, oh...." With my hands on my face. I didn't even know where to begin. My father in law was so calm and he cleaned up the whole mess. Ian was in his high chair, I sent Sophie down to the basement and Halle to her room for a time out! :/ later on that day, I swept again and wiped the floor really well. Hopefully, I got it all. It would have been so hard to clean it all up without him here. I was able to keep the kids out of the way while he cleaned up the horrible mess. I was very thankful to have him here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...