Saturday, May 20, 2006

Happy Mother's Day 2006



Well, I can hardly believe I am a mother, 2 times! I wanted to take a moment to reflect on my feelings from the day, even though it's a week late! Since I have become a mother, I am a completely different person. That statement may seem very obvious, but it's quite profound to me. When I first had Sophie, the thing I struggled with the most was "losing my life". Two years later, I have figured out what that really means. I was selfish. I only had myself to care for and pamper and then along came Sophie. I wasn't the center of attention anymore and her needs came before mine at all times! When I had Halle, the thing I struggled with the most was "losing my Sophie". Five months later I have figured out what that really means. I am selfless. I put my children's needs before mine. I was worried how I could care for Sophie and Halle. Amazingly enough, I can! I have a new life now. The life of a mother and I am TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT! Oh my, I must say...some days I would love to rent a hotel room and be all by myself. It's amazing how quickly you forget about those moments. I wake up the next morning ready to go at it again! With coffee, of course! I feel so incredibly blessed that God has selected me to be a mother and raise 2 of His beautiful girls! I am all teary eyed! That is how I am a completely different person. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...