Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homemade Bug Spray

I don't know about where you live, but the mosquitoes are already driving me crazy here.

I bumped into this list today of some natural ways to repel bugs, and I plan to give vanilla a try to see if it works well with keeping the mosquitoes off of our precious skin this Summer.

Homemade Bug Spray:
1 cup of water
1 T of vanilla
Mix one cup of water and one tablespoon of vanilla extract together in a spray bottle.  Make sure corn syrup isn’t listed in the ingredients or it will make you sticky!  My research shows that bugs don't like the smell of vanilla, so they'll stay away from you if you spray it on your skin.

Have you tried any safe, homemade bug sprays that work well?

4 comments:

  1. I always appreciate your natural tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if this works. Since I'm pregnant, I don't want to use regular spray, and I LOVE the scent of Vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found mold inside the small spray bottle. I tried distilled water, but I had the same results.
    Would love to hear if there is a fix for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...