Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Good Morning! Tomorrow is Friday, Yipee! :D

On this beautiful Thursday morning, I am thankful for:

1. The SUN!
It's been very rainy this week. I'm so happy the sun has decided to return and we can return to our lives outside! That big ole star does wonders for our souls...

2. Camille
My step sister has been consulting me with getting our garden started. We are about 1/2 way planted. She has a degree in ag type stuff - I don't know the official name - and she runs our family organic farm. She is amazing, takes my random phone calls, and is so patient with me! Thanks, Aunt Camillie!

3. My friends
Who are continually encouraging me - even when I want to resign - and they deny my resignation. It would be REALLY HARD on this journey without all of them pumping me up along the way. They just listen, offer advice, let me know I'm not alone, go out with me when I need it, and vent to me too! Then I am reminded that I'm not alone! :) That feels good.

4. Sophie's behavior this week (after Monday)
You all know that Monday was AWFUL! But, after that - she's been fabulous! Maybe she's adjusting to our new behavior plan. The shock is over. Or maybe the sun is helping. Or all the prayers from my friends. Whatever it is - I'm thankful!

5. My AMAZING friend, Jen
Who took the girls on Tuesday morning for me - to have a playdate at their home. She tie-dyed shirts with them. What? Are you nuts? Fed them lunch and then dropped off Sophie to school. Jen, I've said this before - but I really do think you're an angel in my life. I'm so happy our paths have crossed. I look forward to many more happy memories ahead.

God, I love you and I'm thankful for where You have me RIGHT NOW. Please help me to remain focused on You today. Help me to love my children the way You do. Fill me with patience, love and peace. Help me to be a good mother, wife and friend - and to remain on THE PATH OF PEACE. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thank you, for being MY angel this morning! I don't know what I would have done without your help! We mamas got to pull together sometimes to make the world go round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be thankful for those adorable pictures of Ian. He has Josh's cheeks and I just want to pinch them through the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...