Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where are you now?

On Sunday afternoon, Josh and I took all 3 kids - and my Mom - to the zoo. Well, I drove - but my Mom took us - mostly!

Afterwards, Josh met a friend and the kids and I hung out at my Mom's for a while.

We were outside and Halle was trying to pick up Ian - from behind, with her arms wrapped around his waist.

He's getting pretty heavy now, and she dropped him on his face on the garage floor.

That led to a bruise on his forehead, a bloody nose, me screaming at Halle, Ian screaming, me running him into the house to put him in the tub, Ian finally calming down, Halle continually saying "I'm sorry, Momma", me saying, "I forgive you, but stop picking him up", me looking like I was at a crime scene, blood all over my Mom's house, my Mom thinking - who knows what!...

So, we finally get home. I tell Josh the story, and this is all I could end with.

"(I'm smiling and sighing) Josh, it is what it is. We are where we are. This is what we do now. One fiasco after another. Let's enjoy it. It's not going to last forever"

Where are you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...