Monday, November 1, 2010

Meal Plan Monday!


Yeah, Here I am!  It's 9:20 on Monday night, and I'm finally posting my Menu for the week - maybe because I just figured it out.  I will not have recipes now (I need to type the rest), maybe by tomorrow!  I still need to iron Josh's shirts for the week...  I'm a little behind - and it's only Monday.  :)  oh no.

If you've been hanging out with me for a while, you know I LOVE routines.  Well, I am now working on Mondays for my Dad, and it's been so hard figuring out when I will shop for my weekly menu.  I try to stay focused on Sundays, but after church - I just want to lay around!  It's Sabbath, right?  Going to the store is NOT resting, I do know that!  But, I know I will settle into a routine soon and get this all figured out.

Anyway, I was able to plan a menu today, but I still need to hit the store.

If you haven't noticed, our family is MOSTLY vegetarian.  We will eat meat occasionally - and we prefer to eat meat only from a local/grassfed farm in our community.

BUT, IF YOU INVITE US OVER FOR DINNER WE WILL EAT WHATEVER YOU SERVE US AND WE WILL WILL SAY THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU! AND WILL BE SOOOO GRATEFUL!

Our philosophy is 75% of the time we eat... our way.
The other 25% of the time we... go with the flow.

This week our family is eating:

Sunday:  Enchilada Soup
We went to Josh's sister's home on Sunday for a Fall Family Party.  I made an amazing Enchilada Soup!

Monday:  Pizza Roll - I made up this one.  I've been craving a pizza roll and kind of combined a few recipes I have seen.  I got a pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough, spread it out into a square, poured 1/2 a jar of pizza sauce on the center of the dough, put mushrooms down, olives down, because these were the veggies I had and covered it with cheese.  I did a few shakes or oregano, a few shakes of garlic salt, rolled it up (like a tortilla - seam on bottom), brushed olive oil on top and shook some parm. cheese on top.  I baked it for 15ish minutes at 375.  Josh LOVED it and so did the kids.

Tuesday:  Taco Bake and left over Enchilada Soup - recipes to come!

WednesdayPotato Soup - a new recipe I will try.

Thursday:  BBQ Pork Sandwiches and Red Potatoes
For the BBQ Pork, I buy canned pork at Seven Sons, put it on the stove and mix a jar or BBQ sauce with it and warm it up!  SOOOOOO easy and Josh loves it.  I'm always happy when Josh is happy.  I'll get some good buns and serve up a sandwich.  It's also good with some lettuce on the sandwich.

Friday:  Beef Stroganoff - recipe to come.

Saturday:  hmmm...  a treat!  Maybe Chinese carry out?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...