Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas Letter...

In my efforts to be frugally green, I decided I would save on cost and materials and not mail out our Christmas Letter.  So, if you'd like to read it...  here it is:


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our home to yours!

I hope this letter finds you in a good place.

I’m certain we’ve experienced every emotion this year - from pure joy to pure exhaustion - total peace and total frustration - confidence and wanting to throw in the towel!

But, I know we’re all stronger and wiser than we were in December of 2009 and for that - I’m grateful!

I will begin with the man of the house - my love - and amazing father.

Josh:  Josh has had a very busy, strenuous year.  He spent January through June at CMS* working as Assistant Principal and Athletic Director and was then presented with an opportunity from the district in which we live.  He resigned at CMS* at the end of June 2010 (and that was really hard on him) in order to accept a position at SMS* as Assistant Principal and Athletic Director.  SMS* is about a 10 minute walk from our home!  In fact, his radio (walky talky) works from our house!  As expected, it’s been challenging starting a new job, but Josh always enjoys a good challenge and welcomes new opportunities to learn and grow.  In August, he started working on his PhD in Educational Leadership through Purdue University. So... it’s been a crazy, hard year for him (and me)!  When he’s not working or studying, he enjoys playing guitar in our church worship band a couple times each month and loves playing in a tennis league.  He continues to be the best husband and father he can be and works so hard to provide for his family.  He’s a good man.  We are blessed.

Myah:  I am at home full time with our 3 little ones.  I am beyond grateful we have made this a prority and absolutely love serving my family full time (most days!).  In August, I started working for my Dad and his business - Trellis Growing Systems - on Mondays for 5 hours.  In a nutshell, I “keep him organized”.  I have really enjoyed it.  In my free time, I enjoy writing a blog (www.joshmyahsophiehalle.blogspot.com), cooking up new recipes, working out at the YMCA, attending MOPS, socializing and doing my best to create and maintain a peaceful haven for my family!  I grow stronger and stronger each year.  Being a Mother has been the most challenging, most wonderful, most exhausting, most joyous thing I’ve ever done.  I grow and learn each day.  It’s amazing how much these little things teach us.  God is good.

Sophie:  Sophie will turn 7 on January 14 and has had a wonderful year in 1st Grade.  She loves school, learning, all social events and playing outside with our neighbor friends.  She loves to be on the go!  She enjoys her Daisy group, swim lessons and gymnastics lessons.  At home, she loves playing with her sister and brother, crafting, coloring and listening to music.  She is a leader and loves to be in charge!  At times, this doesn’t go over too well with me...  Because I like to be in charge too!  We’re learning and growing together.  The first born.  She’s strong.

Halle:  Oh, Halle.  Halle turned 5 on December 20.  Halle is very unique and has had a wonderful year in Pre-K at Sonrise Christian Preschool - our church.  Halle is very smart, thoughtful, playful, energetic, strong and sooo loving!  She loves her brother and sister and social events too.  She enjoys swim lessons and gymnastics lessons.  She is beginning to read and is becoming a good writer!  Halle just goes with the flow and melts into moments.  She’s spontaneous and is always saying and doing crazy things!  I never know what’s going to come out of her mouth - and now - she thinks the word “poop” is really funny... so, that’s been fun.  :)  She is a great big sunshine in our family.  She’s a gem and truly unique.

Ian:  Baby Boy!  Ian will turn 2 on January 18.  These have been the fastest 2 years of my life!  Really.  Ian is turning into a little toddler - no longer a “baby”!  Although, we are still hanging onto the “baby”, I think.  I carry him around a lot, rock him a lot, just got rid of his bottle... I can’t believe he’s turning 2!  He screams, throws fits, is impatient, absolutely adorable, smart and funny.  He loves balls, candy, dancing, books, his sisters, trucks, his Lowe’s Dates with Daddy... but, his absolute favorite thing is ME!  Ian is our “icing on the cake”.  We are so grateful we get to experience a little boy after our two beautiful girls.  As Josh put it, “What did we do to deserve this?”  And that’s really how we feel.  Ian is a doll baby.

We are in a very busy season right now:  Raising a family, Josh is working so hard in his career and towards a PhD...

But, we are good.  Very good.

We have a VILLAGE around us!  With all the Grandparents (5 within 10 miles around us) and our amazing friends and neighbors.  God has provided us with great resources.

We rely consistently on our Heavenly Father to get us through each day.  Some days - moment by moment.  And we praise Him for all He has blessed us with.

We truly hope your 2011 is filled with many moments that make your heart smile, peace and hope during the rough times, and lots of love to get you through it all.

love,

The St. John Family
Josh, Myah, Sophie, Halle and Ian

*abbreviated for privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...