Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Visit With "Aunt Holly"

Well, she's not really their "Aunt", but Holly was my best friend in Middle School, High School, College Roommate, Maid of Honor... and so much more than all of that.  She's a friend who would love me - no matter what - I am certain of that.

My kids LOVE when she is here!  She doesn't have any children of her own yet, so she shows up energized and ready to wrestle, read, snuggle, watch movies, and just BE with us.  We had a wonderful 5 hour visit with her last Saturday.

Thank you, Holly, for taking the time out of your weekend to be with us!

One thing we did when she was here was assemble our Christmas Adventure Box.

This will be the first year we do this as a family, and we're all very excited.  Basically, it's a devotional each day during December to keep our hearts and minds focused on the true reason of the season.  Check out the link if you're interested.

Anyway, we got the box all assembled and set the finished product up on the bookcase to the right of our fireplace.  We moved on with our day and Holly enjoyed more playtime with the kids.

The were all hanging on her, and I yelled - "Hey, let's get a picture."  We immediately viewed it to ensure it was good, and I saw a bright light shining on something on the bookcase.

Accident?  I don't believe so.  I think that Jesus was pretty proud of our Christmas Adventure Box and made that very clear by shining his light of approval right on it!

How neat and encouraging.

Click on the picture and let me know what you think.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...