Wednesday, December 8, 2010

peace...

it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.  
It means to be in the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.

(unknown) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A dear friend of mine sent me a card this week with this saying on it.

It settled so well with me because for quite some time, I've been telling myself - 


MY DESIRE IS PEACE - NOT PERFECTION.

I want to be a Woman filled with peace, love and joy-
as a wife, mother and friend.

Some days and some moments it's very hard to be calm in my heart with LIFE going on around me, but it is one of my greatest desires.


What encouraged me is - it reminded me that my life is not going to be absent of noise, trouble and hard work - and I don't want it to be - and don't expect it to be.


But, with the right systems in place - that work for our family - because we need "systems" around here...
we can be calm in our hearts - knowing that this is LIFE and this is where we are right now.  Later on, it's going to be something else we're trying to navigate through - with peace.


So, my goal for each day is - I will breathe deeply and know that God chose me to be a wife and mother to 3 of his little children.  I will accept what comes my way and do my best to remain 

calm in my heart.

(made possible from the love and encouragement from family and friends!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...