Monday, June 13, 2011

Transitions

Well, at 2 years and 5 months, Ian climbed out of his crib for the first time.  Honestly, I've kind of been anticipating it, but I'm still hating it that it really did happen today after his nap.

So, tonight at bedtime, he has climbed out 3 times.  I lay him back down and walk out of his room.  He cries, and cries, and cries.  Right now, I'm sitting in our room waiting patiently for him to fall asleep because I really don't want to keep running up and down the stairs.  I'm not a waster of time, and I really don't want to get upset by it, so I figured the next best thing to do it write about it!  I DO love to write - even about our difficult times.

During my wait, I have already put away all the laundry that was washed today and brought upstairs to be folded and put away.  Oooo, have you seen this?  My love installed this clothesline for me this weekend.  Isn't it darling?!  Line drying has been a desire of mine for a while now - as part of our mission to "live simply".  We just haven't been able to figure out a location and structure.  We started simple, and we can advance it over time, if we choose.  We are having so much fun living simply and hanging our clothes out to dry.  But let me tell you - line drying is another transition!

Mothering is full of transitions.  When we have one thing figured out, it's on to the next challenge.  I am convinced that Mothering makes us stronger, wiser and more patient - if we choose to view our joys and challenges as opportunities for growth.  

In this moment, I'm choosing to be grateful.

God, today, I'm grateful for:
32.  a baby boy who is strong enough to climb out of his crib.
33.  a simple clothesline hung with love.
34.  our family bikeride to Zesto's tonight.
35.  cool, summer days.
36.  the smell of bonfires in the air.
37.  my freedom to worship You.
38.  the transformation I've experienced as a mother.
39.  transitions - and the growth that comes from them.
40.  two beautiful daughters who are strong enough to rides their bike a great distance.
41.  a baby boy that is now fast asleep.

God, we are blessed, blessed, blessed - ALL THE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...