Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Our Favorite Things" - Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing

I was wanting to dive into literature more with Sophie - write about it, talk about it, draw about it, etc.

I want her to think critically about her reading and respond to it.

She reads a lot and we read a lot together as a family, but I was looking for more.

 Is she really comprehending what she reads and is she able to respond appropriately to literature and its different elements?

I found exactly what I was looking for!

Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing


I bought it here, and you can read the description - if you wish.

It's exposing her to a variety of literature and reading standards.  I'm able to help her through these skills - using smaller passages of literature vs the larger chapter books she choose for self-selected reading.

It has been a wonderful addition to our daily rhythm, and I highly recommend it.

It would be a great addition to your home whether you homeschool or not.

Daybook of Critical Reading and Writing is one of "Our Favorite Things"!  :)

ps... they don't start until 2nd grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...