Thursday, August 1, 2013

Please subscribe for email delivery...

HI, friends!  As most of you know, we have recently made the decision to make our life a little more private, fall off of FB and privatize this blog.  Balance is what I like to call it, not isolation.  I love social media.  I love people.  I love my friends.  I really, really love sharing our life and knowing about others, but I'm trying to downsize a bit, reclaim some privacy and set a positive example for our children.  It's gotten to the point where we feel it's just TMI - just too much information.  I'm on information overload and feeling pulled and distracted in my mind and with my actions.  I'm reeling it back in a bit.

This blog is one of my favorite places out there in the internet world.  I love sharing our journey with my friends and family.  I hope you all will continue to love and encourage me as I share our life with you.  :)  A friend recently asked me about my blog, why I blog and what is my purpose.

My response:

"Hello! Yes, I do have a blog and have been writing since 2005.
The #1 reason I write a blog is for my family. It's a fun and easy way to capture our family's journey, my journey as a Mother and all the ups and downs that come our way. I have each year printed into book form, so I'm totally pumped for my kids to have the blog in book form later in life. I hope that it blesses them in many ways for the rest of their lives.
You can have a private blog or a public blog. I choose to have it public with the hope that I'm encouraging others out there! It's such a joy to write and know that I'm blessing other women around the world. I receive emails from women - at times - letting me know how much they enjoy it and what they get out of it. That is super fun to hear!! If others find my blog inspiring in some way - then bonus! If not, that's ok too. There are lots of other blogs out there to choose from.
My goal has never been to make $ - although that would be nice!! I've thought about working a little harder, scheduling in writing time and trying to make it more of a career. I'm just not there yet."

So... although I've chosen to leave the FB world, I know that I must keep writing and sharing. It's therapeutic for me, and I want this for my children. If others find it inspiring along the way - then that just touches my heart!!

I've chosen to make this blog private to protect my family.

If you are reading this now, you are one of my precious friends who has spoken up and asked to be included in the Mission Minded Mothering world. I'm so blessed. I have the best friends and family ever. I want you to know that I love you and you are some of my biggest cheerleaders. Being a Mother is THE HARDEST thing I've ever done. I need love and encouragement from you. You cannot isolate yourself as a Mother.

Thank you for speaking up and joining in.

Back to the title... look to the right of the screen and subscribe to this blog via email. That way, you don't have to keep checking in. Each post will be delivered directly to your inbox. I'm trying to make this as simple as FB! :)

Again, I love you and I'm excited about our changes!

May the Lord fill my mind with words that will bless my friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Myah, I can understand what you mean by information overload! If I didn't have to do FB for work and to keep up with important nut allergy info, I might ditch it too. Congrats to you on the brave decision. Thanks for including me in the blog! I look forward to reading it. ~ Steph Trax

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...