Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Sophie is two and a half!

The other night as we were reading to Sophie, we tried to come up with 5 adjectives that describe Sophie at 2 and 1/2. This is what we came up with: smart, social, silly, beautiful (of course we think so), and manipulative (isn't every 2 year old?). I have included some pictures to back up our selection of adjectives! First of all, I just have to say that it has taken me a while to adjust to living with a 2 year old. As she's throwing a fit because I won't give her a second push-up, I just have to smile and leave the room. It's amazing how quickly she's being silly little Sophie again. As I have told you before, I believe two-year olds are bi-polar!


She watches me put this towel on my head when I get out of the shower and she wanted me to do it to her after her bath one night.
As we were getting ready for bed, she insisted that Mr. Bear was outside. She put on her princess high heals and went on a hunt for him outside. It's amazing when they get the minds set on something, they won't let it go.
Josh found her on the landing the other night in her sunglasses playing with my bamboo sticks I have in a vase. She spends about 90% of her life naked. My friends, family, and neighbors often ask us, "Do you ever clothe your child?" I choose my battles! I keep telling myself, "It will pass." :)
Ok...Sophie's life right now is spent naked or it this Nemo "ballerina" bathing suit. She LOVES it! She also loves these boots. She's peeking around asking the neighbor girl to play. Would you play with this weirdo?

Well...I believe I described Sophie as "a piece of work" at the age of two, and I would still say that at 2 and 1/2. She truly amazes us everyday with what she accomplishes, says, and does.

Our biggest accomplishment at the point has to be the potty training. She has been out of diapers since the end of June. She still wears one when she sleeps. That is great!

She wants to do everything, "All by myself!" OK.... everything takes twice as long, but we try our best to be as patient as possible.

She loves to pretend play. She does that ALL THE TIME . This morning, she was walking her puppy down the sidewalk, and his name was Noah. I just couldn't find him anywhere.

She asks, "Why, Mommy" and "What's this/that Mommy" ALL THE TIME ABOUT EVERYTHING?

She counts everything. You can't read a story to her without her counting every single thing on the page. She can count to 22 in English and to 7 in Spanish (thanks to Dora). She knows her colors and shapes well. But, believe it or not, she isn't all that great with her letters. hmmm...

The more I read and educate myself about the social and emotional level/capabilities of a two-year old, the more patience I seem to have with her.

Well, I just continue to pray each day for more patience and energy required to surviving motherhood. I hear 3 is harder than 2. GREAT! I CAN'T WAIT!

We are so incredibly blessed with a beautiful, smart, silly, social, and NORMAL child!

1 comment:

  1. Love these pics of Sophie!!! She sure is 2 1/2! :) You gotta love this age.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...