Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Sore Back


Ok, I said I would write about Halle getting into everything, so here it is! She is W-I-L-D! That's all I can say. She was the world's best, most calm baby. She is still so happy, but BUSY. I always say, "She's just happy to be alive". She is so easy to console, have fun with, and rough house with. Sophie was always very cautious, quiet, and would never do anything too terribly daring. Halle is the complete opposite! She wears me out! I say to myself all the time, "Did Sophie do this? I don't remember this! Certainly she did this too, right??? Do I just forget?" Halle will climb up on chairs and stand, climb on other things (like my plant stand...the violet pots had to go), crawl into tight corners, behind stuff, under stuff, run around smiling/laughing, etc. I really think I've had a boy. :) She is also very difficult to take places. (Sophie was always very good in public and still is) She wants down and out right away. I can get about 30 minutes out of her. She isn't just wild, but she's extremely strong. She will practically throw herself out of my arms if she wants to go somewhere or get something. She is determined and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. I just crack up and tell Sophie, "You know, Sophie, someday real soon Halle is going to push you back, hit you, and take all the toys from you!" Sophie just looks at me with a blank stare. The good this is when she's up she is UP, and when she sleeps she SLEEPS. She sleeps a straight 12 hours at night and a few hours during the day. Some nights, I am so excited to see 7:30 come. :) I'm just plain exhausted!


So, why is my back sore???? Constant redirection, getting Halle out of predicaments, and keeping her under control in public. I predict she will be my first visit to the E.R.



Aren't you tired after reading this? :)


Whenever I've had enough and am so tired, I just thank God for her strength, the fact that she walks, runs, and gets into everything, and for simply having her in our lives. We love her so much!

5 comments:

  1. Sophie = Krue

    Halle = Kiefer


    I'm right there with ya, sister. Kiefer started crawling yesterday and it has been a whole new ballgame ever since. Mr. Independent wants to explore everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my next one will be like Halle. Nathan sounds just like Sophie. :) Nathan can be loud, but other than that, he is a really easy kid! He is cautious, plays well alone, and is a really good listener. My baby is already a lot more active in the womb than Nathan ever was!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly asking Shane that same question about Ian and Anna. She is such an opposite of him. He isn't calm per say but she is really crazy.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halle sounds like Lauren. She is very active and aggressive. Graham seems to be very laid back and easy going (hopefully it stays that way). Its funny how 2 siblings can have such totally different personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myah - I feel your pain. Emily, our youngest, is a handfull! There's never any telling what she's going to do...things that I never had to worry about with Ethan. Emmy's always the one on the bottom of the wrestling pile, always the one that is trying to get into things, and always the one that has to have an eye kept on her at all times. Believe me, I know what you are going through!
    p.s. I hope you don't mind that I have been keeping up on your wonderful family through your blog. I love reading it!!

    Katie (Park) Todd
    ektodd@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...