Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A moment I had to share...

Something touched me today that I had to share with you!
I have been struggling the past couple of days with dealing with whining. I found out today that Halle has an ear infection - so that explains her problem. So, I'm sitting in Walgreen's today (with Halle on my lap). We are waiting for her anitbiotic to be filled. I am reading her books, and we are looking like a happy little mother and daughter. This old lady is sitting beside us and staring at us. It all of a sudden dawned on me that this old lady probably wishes she was me. She probably wishes she was much younger, energetic, and lively. Some days I wish I could run and hide in a hole. However, I know when I reflect back on my life - these years will, without a doubt, be the most precious to me. I know that when I am an old lady, I will remeber when I stayed home with my kids and read to them, rocked them, and sang songs to them. These days will soon be over. Cherish every moment with your little ones. Even when times seem tough, please know that they won't last forever.

4 comments:

  1. I had to take Addison to the Dr.and she has a double ear infection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are understanding the life transition! I am very proud of you for that!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat thoughts, Myah.

    I hope Halle is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's moments like those that help keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...