Saturday, August 7, 2010

Homemade Beauty Routine

Image from Keeper of the Home


I like this from Simple Mom! Read it and let me know what you think...


I'm taking baby steps and creating a Homemade Beauty Routine and pondering where I should start. I'm already pretty minimal with my beauty routine, but I totally buy in to the "stripping our skin/hair of it's natural oils" and "toxic, cancer-causing ingredients" in our beauty products. When we put these products on our skin, it absorbs right in - "the biggest organ in the body – and quite permeable, too!"


hmmm... lots to think about.


I'm not interested in this because I think it's a "cool" thing to do.
It just makes sense to me. I LOVE being frugal, using less, buying less, being green, being natural - the way God intended us to be.


I always approach change as a journey. Start with 1 thing, then add another. Before you know it, you'll be impacting the earth and your body... 1 thing at a time - and you won't be overwhelmed.


Don't worry! I'm still going to shave and wear deoderant!

2 comments:

  1. I love my shampoo and don't think I can leave them. However, I'm adding castor and sunflower oils to my shopping list and I'm going to give the face cleansing a try! -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly! I have started the "no poo" method! I can't believe it. I am surprised and impressed. I have also started using jojoba oil and coconut oil. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...