Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Visit with Grandma Mary today...

 was absolutely fabulous!  

On December 21, the kids and I went out to visit her.

But this time, it was all for ME.  It's hard for me to really connect with her when my children are present.  She loves when the kids are there and I know we fill her home with enough love and energy to last a few weeks...
but I wanted some alone time.   :)

So, I arranged some care and off I went.

On New Year's Day, she fell and broke her finger.

But that didn't stop her from enjoying a hot cup of green tea with me.

 As I laid on the couch enjoying my hot cup of tea, my (most favorite) Aunt Karen treated me to a pedicure.  Am I spoiled or what??!!

 I love you so much, Auntie Karen!


 And I love you too, Grandma Mary.  I am so thankful that I got to spend a few hours with you today.

Today was very special to me.

One of the best parts of the visit was when I first got there and she was sleeping.  I crawled in bed with her (because I'm always up for a nap!) and curled up beside her and just listened to her breath.

I shut my eyes and thanked God for giving her 98 years.
I thanked God for today - and this alone time with her.
I thought to myself, "This day is perfect."


Grandma Mary, I LOVE YOU.  I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, you went and made me cry girl. Awesome indeed. I miss my favorite (deceased) grandma like crazy, and the other is in Boston. These ladies are precious, soak up all the time that you can.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Myah. I am sure Mary did, too! Did Karen give you a massage to go with your pedicure?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I cried too as I wrote this.

    And, Yes! Aunt Karen did give me mini massage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fun day. Cherish everday you have with grandma Mary and I know you will.

    Talia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talia, I thought of G.G. as I wrote this, and I thought it may stir up some feelings in you and Andrea as you read this. I love you so much, and YES, I am trying to see her as much as possible - and when I'm with her, I just enjoy sitting with her and maybe saying nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give anything to have another day with GG but will always have all my wonderful memories. I still cry everday and miss her so much. The girls ask about her all the time and still do not fully understand why she is gone. I am glad you shared your visit with grandma Mary with us.

    Talia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...