Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sophie turned 7...



 on January 14, 2011.

On the day of her birthday, Ian, Halle and I took in cupcakes for her to pass out to her class.  Her teacher gave her 7 "spankings".  

Josh took her a McDonald's Happy Meal for lunch and stayed to eat lunch with her.

 Ian enjoyed hanging out in a 1st grade classroom and all the children kept saying, "Awww, your brother is sooooo cute!"

 Sophie had a few cupcakes left over that she was able to pass out to other teachers around the building.  She was allowed to select a friend to join her, and she chose Halle!  I thought that was pretty special - and so did Halle.

 On the evening of her birthday, we had grandparents over for Homemade Pizza and cake and ice cream.


At the age of 7 - 
 Sophie is smart, beautiful, a leader, very social, has tons of friends, loves school, enjoys gymnastics, likes going places, loves to be in control, creative, strong and healthy.

Out of our 3 children, I'd say that Sophie is the one who grows me the most. Maybe this is because she is our first child, so I learn everything for the first time from her.

I'm exhausted from the growth and challenges on some days, but I'm grateful when I look back over the past 7 years and recognize how much I've grown as a wife, mother and friend.  She pushes me to places I would NEVER choose to go on my on free will (as do all of our children). 

She's amazing and strong. 

And I'm stronger and wiser because of her and for that - I'm grateful.

Happy 7th Birthday, Sophie!

May God bless you and keep you all the days of your life.

1 comment:

  1. What a special day! Mrs. Pinkerton was Cam's 1st Grade teacher too. We loved her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...