Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Summer Vacation Reading

As I write this, I am on Day 5 of not getting into a vehicle.  I have not been anywhere - for 5 days - other than a lakefront home surrounded by sun, family and total relaxation.  It's been a crazy, lazy week that I'm so grateful for.  However, I will be getting into a vehicle tonight because it's Girl's Night Out, and the grown up ladies are going out to play Bingo!  :)  I've never done this before, so this should be interesting!

We've all done A LOT of reading this week.  In addition, we've played lots of outdoor games, indoor board games, tubed, fished, swam, boat rides, and have eaten a ton.

While laying outside at the lakefront (usually during Ian's naps and supervising the bigger kids in the water), I just finished Reluctant Entertainer - a wonderful book on simple, gracious hospitality!  I am just about finished with Simplicity Parenting - a book that describes using the extraordinary power of less to raise calmer, happier, more secure kids - another wonderful read - simple, intentional parenting.

I've also been doing a ton of Homeschool Curriculum research and have interviewed several Mothers and Children who have gone before us.  I'm amazed, encouraged and praying continuously about the possibility of returning to teaching.  I love teaching, but I want to invest my time and energy into teaching my own children - at this point in my life.  Whatever route we choose to take, I'm confident it's the right decision for our family!

We have 1 more full day to soak up all of this beauty that our Amazing God has blessed us with - earthly beauty, family beauty and the beauty of relaxation and restoration. 

I look forward to getting home and sharing all of our wonderful pictures!  We have created some serious, simple memories here this week.

What have you been up to?!  Any good reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...