Monday, September 19, 2011

My Monday Mindset

How will I respond?

A thought came to me as I was trying to fall asleep last night, as I was thinking about the week - probably worrying about Josh's schedule kicking in again - and all I had on my plate for the week.  I started to worry.  I immediately turned my worries into prayers - and then I heard/told myself...

Instead of having anxiety, fear and worry about what you may be faced with each day - just count on it and decide now how you will respond.

I was immediately filled with peace and fell fast asleep.
 


I know:
::  there will be noise, trouble and hard work.  How will I respond?
::  my children's education is my responsibility.  How will I respond?
::  curve balls will be thrown my way.  How will I respond?
::  my husband will work late nights.  How will I respond?
::  the house needs to remain managed, meals prepared and filled with love.  How will I respond?

If I have a plan and practical tools in place, I can get through just about anything.  Thankfully, I'm surrounded by some very wise people who help me come up with my many tools!


We each have jobs - inside and/or outside of our homes.  We have those jobs because there's work that needs to be done, problems that need to be solved and love that needs to be shown.  If all of that was absent, we would be out of work!

So, as you face this week and your "job", how will you respond?

There's so much in our lives that we can't control - but, we have great power and control over our response.

Will you respond with anger, anxiety and fear or grace, love, confidence and calm?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post, Myah. Thanks for reminding me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...