Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sophie broke her arm!

I don't even know how to put all this in words, but I'll try...

My beautiful day in Indiana ended with Sophie breaking her arm - her humerous - while jumping off a chair (while playing karate with her precious siblings) and landing on her hand/arm - which led to her elbow appearing dislocated and in a Z shape.  It was very, very ugly and clearly not right.  We rushed her to the ER and unfortunately, it required a surgical fix.  While under, they popped it back in place and and placed 4 pins through the skin.  She went into surgery about midnight and was not in a room until 2am.  We have not slept much.  I am home resting now for a few hrs, and we're hoping she can go home tonight.  She is experiencing a high amount of pain but is stable. 

More details to come....

I need to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...