Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Trust...

A very common response from the world - when they hear we homeschool is, "I don't know how you do it!"

I remember saying that all the time - before I did it.

In fact, I used to say, "I really hope God never calls me to homeschool - because I could never do it!"  And guess what... that Man called me to homeschool!  I've never felt a calling like this one in all my life.  I wasn't too happy about it.  I pretty much went into homeschooling kicking and screaming.  I was so scared.  Someone just needed to push me over the edge because I couldn't jump in on my own.

At tennis lessons lessons yesterday, a nice lady was asking me lots of questions.  She said, "I don't know how you do it.  I couldn't do it.  I couldn't get everything done."  I had the same fears!

Without skipping a beat - I said, "You just do.  Miraculously, everything gets done."

My work looks a little different than it did a year ago.  Our definition of everything has changed.

Even more of my life is not my own.

I believe that when God calls you to do anything - He will give you the desire, the power and He will equip you!

It really is a miracle - we are homeschooling and loving it!  Of course, you can imagine the challenges that come with the deal, but the many joys far outweigh the challenges.  I chose to follow, and now I have to choose to trust.  I'm amazed daily at the ways He inspires me, powers me, and blesses our family.  It has been a wonderful journey of trust.

"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." Philippians 2:13

2 comments:

  1. Amen! When God calls us to do something (even if we don't want to and we don't understand why He is calling us) it is always better to serve others by obeying our calling. BTW - Love the blog design!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...