Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Winter Crop


We've enjoyed watching our winter crop grow!  

We planted onions, beets and kohlrabi.

Everything is doing so great!

We have had several frosts.  Before the first frost, we rushed out and grabbed all the green tomatoes and brought them in.  We put them all in a brown paper bag and some in a sunny window as they start to turn pick.  They're all turning red - so exciting!

We also had tons of hot peppers still on the plant.  I froze some and plan to string and dry some.  I'm looking forward to that.

Through my research, I've learned about the great nutritional value of beets and their leafy tops.  I'm really looking forward to cooking and eating that fabulous vegetable.  I'll be sure to share what we discover is simple and yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...