Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The meaning of the name

Some have requested to know the meaning behind the name. I forget that you all haven't known me my entire life. :)
Well.... when I was 12, I had a brother who was 14. His name was Ian David. He was in a car accident with 2 other kids and they all died. I always said that if I had a son, I would name him Ian. I always had my eyes open to other ideas, but none were as cool as Ian to me. Josh has always loved the name Ian too. We've had the name picked out for every pregnancy, but we've never been able to use it. Of course, Joshua is after my husband. We think Ian St. John sounds so important and strong! :) The girls call him Baby Ian. I like calling him Ian Joshua.

3 comments:

  1. Many friends have asked me if this is healing for me, if it is hard on me, etc, that you have named your son, Ian. There is always a part of a Mother's heart that will never heal when she loses a child. To know that I now have two grandsons that will carry on Ian's name is a such a blessing that I never expected in my life time. I cannot imagine how Ian is feeling from the heavens above!!! It has to be AWESOME for him!!! With all of the pain with losing Ian, I know that I am so blessed in my life!!

    I love you so much, Myah and Josh,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. We use first and middle name as well. I think we need a picture of all the Ian's and your mom. Ian truly touched so many lives it is amazing for 14 short years. I know he was very loved by Shane and he has passed this on to Ian Scott. He knows how important his name is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just how you feel - it was very important to me that my son carry on his uncle Jacob's name (my brother was a Jacob Michael). It helps me feel more connected to him. The same with Ella Kimberly (to honor Ben's mom). I like to think that Parker Jacob and Ella Kimberly now have a special angel in Heaven who keeps watch over them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...