Thursday, April 15, 2010

Natural All-Purpose Cleaner

As I've mentioned before, I've been on the journey of cleaning our home without chemicals. I still use "non-natural" products on occasion, but for the most part, I am doing great!

I read some where that the air is much safer to breath outside than inside our homes because of all the chemicals we use and then breath in our homes! That scared me.

So, I wanted to share this simple recipe with you. I've been using it, and I really like it! I got it from Simple Mom.

All-Purpose Cleaner
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp. baking soda
1/4 gallon (1 liter) hot water
a few drops of essential oil (optional)

Combine the ingredients, stir, and let cool for a few minutes before pouring into a spray bottle. Tea tree essential oil has antiseptic properties, making it a winner for cleaners. But my favorite aromas come from orange, lemon, and lavender essential oils. Use and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...