Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Glimpses of Hope...

I have had so many thoughts running through my head that I want to write down. I think of them faster than I can write...

Maybe that's just where I am right now. I can't run and get on the computer whenever I want. So, here I am... 9:49 pm. The kids are all down. We've had a busy week at VBS. Josh is at a friend's house. I'm all alone. So, hurry and write!

I love it when I think of something that gives me hope for NOW. I believe God brings certain memories to my mind - to remind me - THIS IS A SEASON.

As I was laying in bed last night, I remembered something from a few years back. I dropped Sophie off at preschool and then took Halle to Barnes and Noble for a storytime. She wouldn't sit still and kept talking about something really loud. NOW, that would not happen. Ian will do great at a storytime - someday soon. :)

Also, I took Ian to the doc office today to get 2 more vaccines - an alternate vaccine schedule requires lots of nurse visits - and I saw a girl in the waiting area with 3 BOYS! Oh, 3 boys??!! We chatted a bit and she said, "From 12-24 months, my main job was to keep them safe." I love that, because that is exactly how I feel with Ian. I am sure the girls were the same... it's just hard adjusting to toddler life again. It's exhausting.

Now, I don't want to keep wishing each season away. Really, I want to cherish each one. I pray each day that God will help me let the dishes go - help me say yes more than no - help me twist everything into a praise - help me to continue blessing others - help me pour my heart and soul into raising these 3 angels we've been blessed with.

So, today - if you come into our home - enter and know that it may not be perfect. Just love us and come on in to join in the fun - because it sure is fun around here - I promise you that!

2 comments:

  1. They WILL remember the fun times - they WON'T remember the pile of dirty dishes - unless, of course, you make a game out of everybody helping to wash them. You'll use way more 'bubbles' than you need, and they (the kids) will be soaked, but they will remember the fun and the dishes will be done. I can remember standing on a chair so I could help wash dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom taught me early on to stop cleaning and picking up, and play with you kids. I have tried to teach you that, as well. This season is a very short time, compared to when the time comes that they will be on their own. You don't want any regrets when they are waving good-bye to you, as they are driving out of your driveway on their way to college. Make the most of your fun and teaching now!!!

    xo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...