Friday, July 9, 2010

Outdoor Fun

As I was reading an article from Simple Mom today - on the benefits of Outdoor Physical Activity, I thought of our week at Chain O Lakes, living in a cabin.

  • NO TV
  • NO A/C
  • NO COMPUTER
  • MINIMAL CELL PHONE COVERAGE
  • MINIMAL TOYS
  • CRAYONS, PAPER, COLORING BOOKS
  • DIRT, BUGS, BIKES, WATER, STICKS, NATURE HIKES, FISHING, CANOEING, COOKING, TALKING, LAUGHING, RUNNING, PLAYGROUND

And I must say, the kids were amazing, and we all had a fabulous time! No one EVER mentioned ANYTHING about a TV missing.

I am a big advocate and very passionate about minimizing and simplifying. It's a journey for me. One day at a time.

I'm wondering - what are some of your ideas for outdoor fun? Let's share!

Some of our favorites are the trampoline, riding bikes and flying kites.

1 comment:

  1. Alex is really into his skateboard right now, and Max loves nothing more than to try to sneak a stone or sand into his mouth when I'm not looking:)

    I would be okay with all on your list of amenities (or lack thereof) with the exception of no A/C. I hate these 90 degree days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...