Thursday, September 23, 2010

Slowing Down...

feels good!

Our school system had a 2 hour delay today (the first one of the school school year), and my response to it was not what I expected.

I was...  EXCITED!  Josh woke me up early to tell me, and I immediately felt good.

I was excited to slow down - not rush everyone around in the morning (my babies are sleepers).

(Sidenote:  If we had major plans for the day or if I had to work, I'm sure I would have felt different.)

We watched a movie this morning, watched the neighbor boys, folded laundry, played in the basement, played outside, ate pancakes - all before we took Sophie to school at 11:00.  Ian slept until 8:30 and Sophie slept until 9:30. It was fabulous!

Today felt GOOD.

Slowing down sure is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...