Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Mother's Work is Never Done...

I hate to break it to you, but this picture was taken a few days after my AFTER pictures from Week 1 of Project Simplify were published!

My bed was piled high with clean laundry that needed to be folded and put away, there were clothes back on our sitting chair, a Daisy Tunic was laying on our bed with several patches waiting to be attached, and the ironing board was out as I was trying to get Josh's ironing done for the week.

I stood back, looked at the beautiful mess on my bed and a thought came to me that my Mother always told me, "A Mother's work is never done."  Boy, was she right!

And yes, our walls are decorated with pictures from our children.  How romantic!

Dear Children, once you become a Mother, your life will never be the same.  Your work is never done.  It's continual, around the clock.  And honestly, the laundry and ironing are pretty easy compared to the rest.  Rest up!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, and thanks for including me. My Mom taught me that a "Mother's work is never done", and you have learned from me. That is a beautiful thing! Being a single parent taught me early on!! I love you, sweetie, and love your blogging! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...