Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Menu Planning "Restart"...

For the past few weeks, I've been in a Menu Planning Rut.  Oh, how I hate it when I get into ruts.  I am going to blame it on:
  • Project Simplify
  • After that, my time was committed to planning and preparing for a road trip and vacation
  • Josh cooked while we were on vacation
  • And now we're back... and it's been so rainy and depressing.  I just can't get myself motivated.
Now, enough excuses!  My husband was really starting to notice and being so polite and kind to not bring it up.  I would mention it, and he would quietly agree.  So, on Sunday - I forced myself to get focused again and I  did well with planning this week - but, I am really getting tired of my usual 20 recipes.

Well... over the past few days,  I've stumbled across a couple of wonderful food blogs.  One is called Joy in my Kitchen!  And the other is Eat Close to Home and she has a Vegetarian Menu Plan for a month!  These are both total answers to my prayers!  Since our family is mostly vegetarian and we do our best to eat Real Food ([food] n 1. something that nourishes, sustains, or supplies.  real [ree-uhl, reel] adj 1. true and actual; not artificial), I'm very attracted to these blogs.  These recipes fit our family well - real and frugal.  So, since I can never keep good secrets to myself - I must share!

I already have my meals printed for NEXT week!  Oh yeah, I am now finding Joy in MY Kitchen!  :)

Do you have any good Menu Planning secrets to share?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...