Sunday, May 1, 2011

Decluttering 100 items and then some more...

I participated in a "Decluttering 100 items in April" challenge at Live Renewed.

I really enjoy reading the Live Renewed blog - "inspiration for living frugally green".

So, April is over!  Now is the time that I have submit my picture of the 100 items that came out of my house.  I'm happy to report that 100s of items came out!

On April 28 and 29, I had a Yard Sale and lots of items sold - and we made some pretty good money!  The kids had great attitudes as they saw their stuff flying off the shelves and money was added to their savings jars.  Sophie is getting close to buying her plane ticket to FL to visit her cousin!

The picture above is the pile of items left over that Salvation Army came to pick up.  Way over 100 items came out of our home.  It feels good and I'm excited to keep plugging away on our journey - focusing on our mission to "live simply".

I keep telling myself - and I'll tell you too:  It's a journey.  It's a journey.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...