Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Homeschool Routine {Rhythm}

If I have one huge take away from my first 2 weeks of homeschooling, it is:

You must be flexible!

I kind of like the word "rhythm" better than routine.  It sounds more flexible to me.

Some moments are crashed because of an adorable 2 year old in the mix.

Some moments we all just want to be outside.

Some moments we just go with the flow.

These are the benefits of homeschooling!

But, I believe we must have a basic outline for our days.  It helps us see how much time we have, use our time wisely, and we get to see what we have to look forward to.

I have realized that - some days - we will just finish up in the afternoon - thanks to adorable George!  :)

I have realized that I will let them sleep in if they want to (I didn't think I would!), but they will miss Circle Time (such a wonderful part of our day!) because I start promptly at 9:30 - and that kills them.

I have realized that I must give myself grace because I really am doing enough!

I have realized that if I don't teach with a joyful attitude, this is not good for our family!

I have realized that I will never get this year back so I will enjoy it!

I have realized that I am new at this, and I'll get better and better each day.

So - for today - here is a basic rhythm of our school day - for a 2nd grader, Kindergartener, and 2 year old.

On Wednesday afternoons, the girls have Homeschool PE at the YMCA from 1:00 - 3:00.  They do Gym, Swimming and Tumbling.

On Thursday afternoons, the girls have Homeschool Art at the library at 2:00.  It's drawing and painting K-5.

We also do Science Labs at Science Central just about once a month from 1:30-4:00 on Thursdays.

Our Mornings

Our Afternoons

Please share your homeschool routine!

Here is an outline of our basic daily rhythm - for the weekends and nonschool days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...