Saturday, December 10, 2011

Farm to Fork Friday!

We have had a fabulous past few days full of Winter festivities.

Over the past 2 days we have seen the Nutcracker ballet, built our first fire in the house, had a family ping pong tournament, watched Christmas Vacation (just Josh and me!), saw Santa and his reindeer, did some Christmas shopping, decorated the Christmas tree, planned for parties coming up, and now...  I'm sitting down to give you 2 more recipes - as I've promised!

I am so not a professional blogger - because if I were, I'd have them scheduled to publish right on time  ;)  I have a few more series on my heart, so maybe I'll get better.  But for now, thanks for bearing with me and understanding that I'm a busy Momma and wife!

This Farm to Fork series has been so much fun!  Holly was soooo excited about winning, and I've sold several cookbooks to other friends!   Let me know if you want one.  Again, only $20 through December 23.   It is totally worth $20, and it would make a fabulous gift for yourself or anyone!  I use the book for the majority of my menu planning.

For now, here are 2 more recipes from Farm to Fork the Margy way.  They are both super yummy!

I'm writing in front of the Christmas tree and truly enjoying the season.




Easy Broccoli Enchiladas
1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 small can chopped green chilies
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
10-12 10" flour tortillas
8 ounces jack and cheddar mix, shredded

Cook 1 bunch of broccoli.
Mix the soup, cream cheese, green chilies and onions together and heat in microwave; stir.
Add the broccoli to ingredients above.
Fill tortillas with 1/2 cup of filling.
Put in sprayed 9X13 pan, cover with shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until hot throughout.  You can add salad shrimp, mushrooms, cooked chicken, etc.

Apple, Carrot, Cucumber Smoothie
serves 1 - so double or triple, if you want.
1/4 cup apple juice
1 T lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 whole carrot, cut into chunks
1/2 cup cucumber, cut into chunks.

In a blender, combine juices, carrot and cucumber.  Blend until smooth.  This is a very refreshing drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...