Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dear Great Moms...

I spoke to my sweet cousin the other day on the phone.  We were sharing stories of how we grow tired and weary as Mothers.  We get tired of doing the same monotonous tasks day after day after day.  Ooohhh - we could so relate with each other and shared lots of stories and examples of growing tired and weary.

She went on to say something like, "You have no idea how much it meant to me when you shared this story.  I view you as such a great Mom.  You're so amazing.  How do you do it?  I thought I was the only one to lose it, snap, yell.  But now I know you do too."  :)

That's so sweet of you, sweet cousin.  But here's the truth about me and all the great Moms out there!

I said to her:

Great Moms grow tired.
Great Moms grow weary.
Great Moms lose it.
Great Moms even yell sometimes.
Great Moms mess up.
Great Moms ask for forgiveness.
Great Moms are humble.
Great Moms are constantly growing and trying to be better.
Great Moms accept help from others.
Great Moms are not perfect.
Great Moms lean on God because they recognize they can't do it alone.

And - there is so much more that makes a Mom a great Mom!

I believe that each of you is a GREAT MOM!  I want you to know that you are not alone in this journey.  I care about you and I hope to be an encouragement to you - each and every time I write.

Let me leave you with this.  One of my favorite verses - one I recite several times a day.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9

You go, all you Great Moms out there!  Do not give up!

Just settle right in - settle in.

1 comment:

  1. Love you so much! You are such a blessing in my life. I'm so glad God connected us even across many states! -Monica :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...